Guidelines for Submissions
The Pace Environmental Law Review (PELR) requests that authors abide by the following submission guidelines:
- All articles submitted to Pace Environmental Law Review are required to be works of original scholarship, and may not have been previously published. In addition, unless other arrangements are made all articles should reflect the latest and most complete version of the author’s work. Drafts or works-in-progress will not be considered unless they are solicited by the Law Review.
- Submitted manuscripts must be double-spaced, typed, in a standard, easy-to-read font, and formatted to fit on 8 ½ x 11 paper.
- Length Limitations:
- Essays: Approximately 12 - 25 pages including text and footnotes (3,000- 6,250 words)
- Articles: Approximately 25 - 50 pages including text and footnotes (6,250- 12,500 words)
- (Articles exceeding 70-75 pages will only be published in unusual circumstance)
- All submissions should conform to the most recent edition of the Chicago Manual of Style and should be divided into parts and sub-parts where appropriate.
- All citations should conform to the most recent edition of The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation, published by the Harvard Law Review Association. Footnotes should be current as of the date of submission.
- Authors may submit articles either via ExpressO or directly (in either Microsoft Word or PDF format) to the Development & Acquisitions Editor, or via hard copy to:
ATTN: Development & Acquisitions Editor
Pace Environmental Law Review
Pace Law School
78 North Broadway
White Plains, NY 10603
- All submissions should contain the title of the article in addition to the Author’s name, address, email, phone number, and fax number.
- Authors will be notified of all publication decisions via email. As a matter of policy, PELR does not discuss the reasons for its publication decisions.
Thank you for your interest in the Pace Environmental Law Review.